Friday, September 28, 2012

Having a tough time....


It's inevitable that there will be times of discouragement, and I am in one. There have been several sad events in the lives of those around us that have intensified my discouraged state.

We are currently in the paper chase. All of our paper work is in and we are simply waiting for the approval and a phone call from our social worker. I have trouble with this waiting, and I think my discouragement comes from knowing that the waiting I'm experiencing now is only the tip of the iceberg.

The reality of my wait time is sinking in - 18-24 months......once I submit the Dossier. However, it's looking like wait times are increasing and so 24 months to referral can be more like 30 months. Keep in mind that is not even to bring our child home; that is just to the referral. Add about 4 months from referral to bringing the child home.

I hate to be a real downer, but this space is here to share the ups and the downs. Please pray that God comforts and encourages us during this time.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, hugs, my friend. You are so dear to us...and we know this waiting (and yours is even longer than ours!) We are so happy to be strapped on this roller coaster ride next to you. We are praying for Him to sow joy in the journey....and we also recommend chocolate. LOTS of chocolate :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete