Sunday, August 12, 2012

It begins....

We are at an exciting and overwhelming stage in our adoption process. We have just been contacted by our family coordinator and social worker, and we must now begin getting things together for our home studies and Dossier. Evan was kind enough to print all of the directions out while I was visiting family and NJ, and I came home to 2 big stacks of paper. This is intimidating.

While Evan's school district is already under way, I still have 2 weeks before my teacher work days. I have a feeling that I won't be lounging around though. I have a lot of paper work to do.

Two years ago I worked on something called National Board Certification for teaching, and it was a busy and overwhelming year. I wrote and researched constantly, and when I sent in my portfolio in March of 2011, I felt both relief and fear over the results. It all ended up worth it when I found out that I passed. Why do I have a feeling that the Dossier will be the same? I have a feeling that National Boards prepared me for this.

Please pray for Evan and I as we start this daunting task!


No comments:

Post a Comment